Current Job Opening
Clinician-MHA of Yonkers
Our clinics are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health and provide individual, family and group therapy services for children and adolescents. Specialized treatment is available for youngsters with depression, anxiety, attentional or behavioral difficulties, for those who have been physically or sexually abused, for those coping with a serious illness or death in the family, and for those with more serious emotional and behavioral problems. The clinician is responsible for the provision of direct, clinic-based clinical services and coordination with other agencies serving the clients. A staff therapist is expected to know and follow the established policies and procedures of MHA of Westchester.
HOURS OF WORK
The clinician works 21 hours per week.
1. Responsible for the provision of culturally sensitive direct, clinical services which may include but are not limited to: assessment and treatment planning, individual, family and group psychotherapy, crisis counseling, and community consultation and education under the supervision of the Clinic Director.
2. Responsible for maintaining clinical records and following guidelines and regulations for documentation of services.
3. Responsible for identifying case management needs of clients and coordinating with other community agencies to have these needs met.
4. Responsible for participation in program development and in training programs as requested by the Clinic Director.
5. Responsible for following the established clinic policies & procedures and maintaining appropriate professional standards.
6. Responsible for providing after-hour emergency coverage via paging system.
7. Other related duties.
The Clinician must have a MSW and be a licensed LCSW in New York State or the clinician must possess a doctorate in Psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) and be licensed in New York State. Candidates must consent to Fingerprinting and a Criminal History Information Records search.
The Clinician reports directly to the Clinic Director.
To learn more about this position, please contact Clinic Director, Sheriffa Gallwey by e-mail with MHAEMPLOYMENT as the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 914-345-0700 extension 7306.
To apply for this position, please send your resume by e-mail with MHAEMPLOYMENT as the subject line to employment @mhawestchester.org or via mail to:
MHA of Westchester
580 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591