The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA offers a range of treatment and support services that are person-centered, recovery-oriented, and individualized to promote recovery and wellness. MHA reaches out to families and individuals by providing services in their homes, nursing homes, homeless shelters and other community sites. Our staff support recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. When possible we will utilize evidence-based practices; always embracing a trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Full-Time Director of Human Resources and Facilities.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Director is responsible for all aspects of the human resources and facilities management of the agency. The director is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the programs, services, staff and volunteers. The director will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel and facilities matters.
2. Maintains responsibility for agency compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel and facilities matters. Ensure compliance with fire codes.
3. Communicates changes in agency personnel and facilities policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
4. Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of benefits program.
5. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
6. Works directly with program directors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel and facilities matters.
7. Develops human resource information system that meets agency personnel information needs.
8. Follows the established agency policies and maintains appropriate professional standards.
9. Develops employee retention program.
9. Provide supervision, mentoring, coaching and performance reviews for direct reports.
10. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
11. Assures up to date credentialing, Medicare/Medicaid renewals for staff, claims resolution, change reporting, preparing and submitting human resource and facilities invoices for payment, preparing human resources and facilities reports for finance.
12. Facilitate facilities and human resources department meetings.
13. Attend project management, personnel committee and executive team meetings.
12. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of program management
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Effective crisis intervention skills
7. Effective leadership skills
8. Problem solving skills
1. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree is preferred.
2. The candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in non-profit human resources and business operations.
3. The candidate must have 3 years’ supervisory experience.
4. Advanced computer skills are required.
5. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
6. The candidate must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
7. The candidate maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
8. The candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
We offer a professional yet relaxed working environment, providing room for personal growth as well as career advancement. Our benefit package is generous and flexible. And, we offer flexible work schedules, making MHA one of the most family-friendly places you could work! EOE
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with MHAEMPLOYMENT as the subject line of the e-mail.