This #GivingTuesday, you can help transform housing into home. With our Home For The Holidays campaign, making an impact is easier than ever.
Simply shop from our Amazon gift registry to purchase household essentials for adults who have entered MHA's housing programs from the shelter system or a long-term inpatient hospitalization.
Your generosity for our Home for the Holidays campaign helps create a home environment that supports resilience and recovery. Bedding and bath items, kitchenware and toiletries are essential yet meaningful gifts that foster a sense of hope, belonging, and self-care. Each gift on our list is critically needed, and deeply appreciated. Your gifts will be mailed directly to our staff, who will distribute them to adults in our housing programs.
Your donation is more than just bedding - it's a comfortable place to sleep on the first night out of a homeless shelter or a hospitalization. Likewise, kitchen essentials help tenants build upon their independence as they cook for themselves, and gifts of soap, moisturizer, deodorant and toothbrushes free up room in a personal budget so that funds can be allocated to food and other critically needed items.
Here's how you can help make a house into a home with our Home for the Holidays campaign:
1. Visit our wish list and click on an item to see the desired quantity.
2. By leaving "Share your default shipping address with the recipients," our Development department will be able to see who has purchased gifts and send a special thank you! Your personal information will not be shared with gift recipients.
3. Add one or more gifts to your cart - no item is too small to make a difference!
4. When you check out, select "MHA of Westchester - Karlyn Jackson's Gift Registry Address" from the suggested shipping addresses. If you don't see this, please ship to MHA of Westchester, attn: Karlyn Jackson, 580 White Plains Road, Suite 510, Tarrytown, NY 10591
5. Encourage your friends and family to donate by sharing on social media!
Through our Apartment Treatment transitional housing program, individuals are supported in achieving personal goals and obtaining permanent housing with the help of residence counselors who can assist with strengthening daily living skills, developing social networks, accessing health services and more.
Likewise, homeless adults may seek housing through our Supportive Housing program, through which they have the opportunity to work with a specialist to develop skills such as managing personal finances, communicating with a landlord, and accessing community resources. Residents may remain in our Supportive Housing units and receive our support for as long as they need.
Thank you for your generosity in supporting the men and women in our housing programs this holiday season!